“Good Morning Everyone,
Well this certainly was an interesting experience building this addition! I am so happy to have the support and guidance of Nauta Homes.
Hank ~ Thank you for the fabulous design and helping me through the troubled times with my first contractor. You saved the day by having Wilf taking over the project.
Wilf~ There are no words to thank you for being there during the tough times but also sharing in the joys as the project took a turn for the better. As I always said you were my knight in shining armour contractor!
Thank you to Dustin, Brenda and Emily for your kindness !”
– Recent Client, Linda L.
Nauta Home Designs provides experienced, knowledgeable, and transparent Project Management Services to help you build or renovate the home of your dreams.
We know that today’s Clients want more information on their build and the costs, more accountability from their Builder/ Manager, and in some cases, more involvement in the process. We are happy to provide our Clients with Project Management as a solution to the typical frustrations with conventional Builders.
Our Project Management Services include New Builds, Additions & Renovations, Multiple-Dwellings, and Commercial Projects.
Our Project Managers have a high level of experience in the construction industry and have proven track-records of success building new homes and completing addition/renovation projects. As this division of our company grows, we have built partnerships with multiple trusted project managers and we are happy to provide you with testimonials and credentials for the Manager available for your project.
Our Project Management Process:
- Begins with an Budget Costing process, completed by the Project Manager for a flat fee.The price for Analytical Costing for most homes* (Some larger or more complex homes may require a custom budget fee) is $1000 +HST, which can later be used as a credit towards management fees if you sign up with our Project Manager. The Analytical Costing breaks down the construction process line by line, providing 1-3 quotes per item depending on local availability of trades and pricing. The Costing is provided for the client to view, and the client may discuss options with the Project Manager as quotes are collected.
- The Client can choose to wait until the entire Costing is completed to begin the build, or if the Client is in a time-sensitive situation, can begin construction with a preliminary budget for the initial items. In this case, the budget will develop throughout the build process.
- The Project Manager’s Fee is typically 15% of all invoices related to the project. This is not charged additionally on the Analytical Costing. To begin the project, there is a retainer or deposit based upon the projected management fees for the project. The amount of the retainer or deposit is unique to each project.
- Following the Analytical Costing process and signing of the Project Management Contract, the Project Manager will apply for the Building Permit (if not already in place) and will also apply for any other required Permits and deal with local Municipalities and Authorities on behalf of the client where needed.
- Following Permit approval and the completion of any required applications, the Project Manager and the Client will agree upon the chosen quotes and the Project Manager will begin to engage Subcontractors and Suppliers that have been chosen.
- As the work starts, continues, and is completed, the Sub-Contractors and Suppliers will require deposits and/or provide invoices. These documents will be provided directly to the Project Manager. The Project Manager will submit these invoices in a timely fashion to the Office Manager at Nauta Home Designs. The Office Manager will log the invoice for fee billing, and then the invoice will be given to the Client for direct payment to the Subcontractor or Supplier.
- We believe that this is a more transparent way to bill our Clients. Using this method, the Client knows exactly what the cost per item is, and exactly what they are paying for management of the project. This avoids flat-fee systems that are typically used in the Building Industry, where the client is typically left unaware of the allocation of funds and/or whether payment deadlines are being met on their behalf.
- Project Management Fees will not be billed per Subcontractor or Supplier invoice.The Project Management Fee invoices will be sent to the Client at intervals throughout the project, depending upon the amount of accumulated fees. This will vary throughout the project as some stages are busier/ more expensive than others.
- The Project Manager will oversee all aspects of the Project through completion, using the Ontario Building Code as a minimum for quality. The Project Manager will arrange inspections and will enforce the rectification of any infractions.
- The Project Manager will also provide follow-up support where needed. IE. arranging landscaping and other post-build services as requested by the Client.
The Project Manager’s goal is to ensure a smooth and enjoyable process for Clients throughout the entire Project.
This is a basic synopsis of our Project Management Services, please feel free to make an appointment to further discuss this service over the phone, at our office, or at your home.