Search 1000’s of Canadian house plans to find a design that fits your lifestyle.
On mobile or tablet? Click on the magnifying glass icon above to open the search box.
Our house plans are created “in-house”, so feel free to contact us anytime to speak with one of our designers. Our toll free number is 1 866 474 4320.
How our house plans are designed:
When you purchase house plans from Nauta Home Designs, we can assure you the highest quality available. We draft our house plans using CAD software to ensure accuracy and ease of reading; this helps to avoid frustration and errors on the job site. In addition, our 25+ years of experience ensure that each of our designs are thoughtfully and strategically drafted.
What we include with our house plans:
1. Detailed Foundation and Basement Plan
- Drafted at 1/4″ scale, this plan shows the concrete walls and concrete footings.
- This plan provides all required dimensions, notes, structural members, stairs, cold cellars, crawlspaces, windows, doors etc.
- Any finished rooms are drafted and located.
- All unfinished basements are designed for future finished rooms and spaces.
- Every basement plan is designed with an exterior perimeter “pvc” water barrier system, interior perimeter 2×4 strapping, R20 batt insulation, and a vapor
2. Detailed Floor Plans
- Drafted at 1/4″ scale, the first and/or second floor plan is shown, using your requested construction method and exterior wall finishes.
- The floor plans provide all required dimensions, notes, structural members, stairs, windows, doors, kitchen layout, kitchen appliances, plumbing fixtures, built in fixtures, Gas
fireplaces, sloped ceilings, coffered ceilings, possible floor finishes, and more.
- All structural members are sized and located to support upper floors and or the roof system.
- All different wall types are noted, located and itemized.
- Every floor plan is designed with 2×6 exterior walls, R24 batt insulation (added R value for Canadian weather), an exterior air barrier system, and an interior vapor barrier system.
3. Cross Sections
- Drafted at 3/8″ scale, these sections show the assembly of building materials for the construction of the home.
- The cross sections are cut from the center of the home (from the footings to the roof surface) showing and identifying all assemblies for the footings, foundation walls, basement
floor, structure, floor systems, exterior wall systems interior wall systems, ceiling systems, roof systems and eave/fascia assembly.
- The cross section identifies different roof structures, truss configurations, and floor structures.
- The cross section also dimensions and identifies the required elevations for the construction of the home.
- Each home is designed with R50 insulation in the attic and the cross section shows the extent to where it is required, along with ventilation methods.
4. Exterior Elevations
- Drafted at 1/4″ scale, the exterior elevations show the size, style and shape of the finished home in detail.
- The front, rear, right and left exterior elevations are all included.
- The elevations show the wall finishes, wall heights, roof finishes, roof pitches, finished grade lines, window and door styles, covered decks and porches, and steps and railings.
- Each exterior elevation also shows the foundation and footings; drafted to the required limits and depths.
5. Construction Details
- Drafted at 3/8″ or 1/2″ scale, these details provide further clarity as to the construction of certain components of the design.
- Examples are dormer details, brick work, steel beam connections, and beam supports.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or inquiries regarding our house plans. We have designers ready to assist you.