Your great future in building, design and architecture starts right here.
We are a growing company always seeking creative talent and skills in Architecture and Building Science.
If you have ever considered a career in the following areas, please send us your resume:
- Junior and Senior Architectural Design
- 3D Modelling and Renderings
- Construction Management
While we appreciate all applications, we will only be contacting those applicants selected for the interview process.
However, we will keep applicable applications on file for future opportunities.
All applications can be sent to email@example.com
Junior Architectural Designer
Due to high demand, we are seeking 2 Junior Architectural Designers to assist our design team with their workload.
The Junior Architectural Designer’s purpose is to provide high quality architectural designs and customer service to our clients.
The Junior Architectural Designer is responsible for:
- Drafting and design of quality construction blueprints for residential and commercial construction and building permit use.
- Site measuring and documenting existing structures for addition/renovation projects.
- Assisting in client meetings for new projects, revisions, matters relating to the design or planning of the build.
- Working as a team with the President and Design Manager to provide creative and effective design concepts to our clients.
- Adherence to the Ontario Building Code throughout the entire design process.
- Communicating with assigned clients and providing excellent customer service.
- Efficiency in drafting and design, to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Providing a breakdown of billable hours per client/project.
Occasionally, the Junior Architectural Designer is also responsible for:
- Providing knowledgeable advice and information to clients via phone and email – this may include information on our services and general pricing
- Meeting with walk-in clients in the absence of the President/ Design Manager/ Senior Designers
- Filling out applications and compiling required documents for permit, minor variance, re-zoning, and other applications required in the planning stage.
- Assisting the 3D department with structural and aesthetic design questions.
- Representing our company events such as the GTA Home and Reno Show, Toronto Fall Home Show, etc.
- Minimum College Diploma in Architectural or Construction Technology or related discipline.
- 1-2 years minimum drafting experience (new graduates may be considered)
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/clients simultaneously.
- Customer service experience
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the design format, specifications, procedures, and software as specified at Nauta Home Designs.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Strong computer/technological proficiency.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to take instruction and constructive criticism from fellow designers, president, clients, and municipal authorities with maturity and respect.
- Hard-working and punctual – willing to work extra hours as needed
- G Class license, daily use of personal vehicle. (Our location is not on a convenient public transportation route, and designers will need vehicles for measuring and site visit purposes)
- We put great value on hiring team players with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- We’re looking for a great fit in both skills and personality.
- We value commitment and prefer to hire long term employees
- Salary: $18-22 per hour, based on experience.
- This position is located at our office in Welland at 1789 Merrittville Hwy.
- Personal vehicle required
- The hours of work are Monday-Friday 8-5, with occasional Saturdays based on workload.
- Following a probationary period, our company offers employees 5 paid personal days and allows 2 weeks of vacation within the first year of employment. We provide gas, mileage, and expense reimbursement, but at this time we do not provide employee benefits. We strive to support our employees and offer flexibility with a family first approach.
If the above sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF through Indeed or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work samples are also welcomed and encouraged.
If you require any accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Manager, Emily, via phone at (905) 892-9657. Nauta Home Designs is committed to providing an equal opportunity recruitment process
Accepting applications until 5 PM on Friday, March 9th, 2018. Local Candidates only.
We thank all candidates for their applications but will only be contacting those who have been selected for the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour